With beetroot ketchup and Granny Smith apple
- 4 Duck legs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 sprig fresh rosemary
- Small bunch fresh chives
- 1 bunch Baby red beetroot
- 1 bunch Baby golden beetroot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 white onion
- 2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1bsp malt vinegar
- 500g cooked red beetroot
- 50g sugar
- 2 Granny smith apple
- Baby watercress
- Seal and vacuum duck legs on full in a single layer. Add crushed garlic cloves, thyme and rosemary.
- Submerge in a water bath at 88°C and cook for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Open the bags and drain the liquid and reserve. Shred the duck off the bone whist hot and retain.
- Reduce the braising liquid in a pan and add back to the shredded duck. Season and add fresh chopped thyme and chives.
- Weigh the mix into 30g balls and chill completely on a tray.
- Panne by lightly coating each ball in plain flour then dipping in beaten egg and finally rolled in panko breadcrumbs. Store in a container in the fridge till service.
- Remove the tops from a bunch of baby red beets and baby golden beets.
- Keeping them separate wrap them with garlic, thyme, oil and salt in foil.
- Roast at 170C for approx. 20 mins till cooked.
- Carefully peel and trim whist warm.
- Sweat finely chop onion with Worcestershire sauce, malt vinegar with a little oil for 2 mins till softened.
- Add grated cooked red beetroot and sugar. Simmer for 15 mins till everything is completely soft.
- Blitz on high will completely smooth and store in a squeezy bottle.
- Dress 5 half baby beets in a small pan and season. Roast in oven for 5-10 min till hot.
- Fry 3 of the bon bons in 180C fryer for 5 mins till golden, crisp, and hot throughout.
- Thinly slice granny smith apple and cut into discs or matchsticks.
- To plate, pipe 3 small dobs of ketchup to secure the bon bons on. Arrange the beet halves next to the bon bons with some more small dobs of the beet ketchup. Finish with the fresh apple and some baby watercress.